LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Eggstravaganza 2010

We had our annual Easter egg-dying get together.  There are no rules.  The kids just grab a boiled egg from a pile.  They can dye or decorate it any way they choose!  Moms get involved too!  It's fun.  
This year my sister-in-law hosted our Eggstravaganza!  She provided plain white handled bags for the kids to design themselves.  We finished the event with a little egg hunt.
Every year, I tell myself that I'm going to study-up and learn some new and unique egg-dying tricks before the Eggstravaganza.  :)  I didn't do it this year, but I'm going to be prepared for next Easter!  So far, we use the tried and true method of writing names and drawing patterns on the egg with a white/clear wax crayon before dipping it into the dye.  

We also use a trick learned from a great aunt in which the egg is wrapped in several rubber bands and then dyed. 
 


Here are some egg dying tricks I want to try in the future:
  • Silk-Tie Eggs - from the Martha Stewart website:

  • Lace Eggs - also from Martha Stewart:
  • Tissue Paper Eggs:   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also, another Aunt used to wrap twine around the boiled eggs, putting leaves, blades of grass, etc under them. I guess anything that would stay close to the surface of the egg and keep the dye away would work...